How to get the best Hotels Deal
Last minute hotel bookings can be really stressful and travellers often end up spending a bomb on accommodation which usually negates the effect of cheap air-tickets. However, there are couple of easy hacks that one can use to get the best deals on hotel bookings. :-
- Hotel booking portals such as Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda have a vast data base of hotels along with price comparison. Here you can filter your search and look for accommodation based on the part of the city or town you want to stay. You can always stay a in a place which is a few miles away from city centre where prices are usually on the higher side and use public transport to get to your location.
- Cashback websites such as Pouring Pounds provide a flat cashback rate on hotel bookings which means you earn cashback every time you book. All you need to do is create an account and book via these websites. The cashback usually tracks within 72 Hours and is redeemable after you have completed your stay. This trick ensures you save every time be it an advance booking or a last-minute booking.
- Here are some of the Best Cashback Deals on Pouring Pounds:
- Booking.com - FLAT 5% Cashback on all Bookings
- Hotels.com - FLAT 4.50% Cashback on all Bookings
- Agoda - FLAT 4.50% Cashback on all bookings
- Accor Hotels - Up to 6% Cashback on Hotels
Check Prices Online for the subsequent week also before extending your stay
- You must have noticed while booking online that room prices vary from day to day.
- Prices are usually on the higher side during the weekend, festive season and Bank Holidays.
- Doing this research in advance can help you save quite a bit as you won’t be shelling out a huge amount unnecessarily.
- In case of a last-minute extension, it always makes sense speak to the front desk so that you are charged on the same bill and not a separate one notwithstanding the fact one can negotiate a better deal with the hotel.
Use Reward Points & Membership
- Most travel portals and hotel chains have a membership policy and a rewards system.
- Cashback websites such as pouringpounds.com provide a flat cashback rate on hotel bookings which means you earn cashback every time you book. All you need to do is create an account and book via these websites. The cashback usually tracks within 72 Hours and is redeemable after you have completed your stay. This trick ensures you save every time be it an advance booking or a last-minute booking.
- Hotels.com has a reward policy wherein you get one free for every 10 nights booked.
- Expedia has a Membership policy wherein you can get up to 50% OFF on bookings.
- Accor Hotels has FLAT 10% member’s discount
Look for Airport Hotels & Hostels
- Contrary to popular belief airport hotels offer rooms at highly competitive prices and most airports around the world are well connected with public transport.
- Hostels provide a cheaper and more economical option especially if you going on a solo-trip or bag packing with a travel group.
- Using these simple hacks can always help you save more while booking hotels online.